This module has been designed for students with
no formal or previous experience in the application of Spreadsheets.
It will provide an introduction to a range of practical skills
and underpinning knowledge that will enable students to use spreadsheets
confidently in their everyday lives. The content is structured
and based on the learning outcomes as laid out in the module descriptor
of the LCA mandatory ICT
descriptor ( http://www.lca.ie/Intro%20ICT.pdf ).
(1) Apply to students’ interests (e.g. home budgeting)
(2) Use spreadsheet for task (e.g. costing)
(2) Link with Mathematical Applications
An interesting aspect of this site is the fact
1. students can work with the MS Excel open in
2. the content is made available as a Word document.
This is to facilitate the teacher in differentiating the lesson.
The teacher may edit the word documents and tailor them to the
needs of their own students.